High-altitude Training

To log PIC time in an aircraft that can fly above FL250 you need a high-altitude endorsement. Multiple schools offer a suitable ground-training course. King is a good choice.

Last year I got my multi-engine rating as I consider transitioning to a pressured twin. One of my instructors reminded me that I’d need a high-altitude endorsement to fly something capable of topping 25,000 feet. I probably read that somewhere, but it didn’t register. It’s true—I need the endorsement so I went about getting it. […]
To continue reading this article or issue you must be a paid subscriber. Sign in

Subscribe to IFR

Start a subscription to IFR for just $18. And access all of our online content - over 1,000 articles - free of charge.
Subscribe today and save 27%. It's like getting 2 months FREE!
Already Subscribed?
Click Here to Sign In | Forgot your password? | Activate Web Access


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here