Download the Full March 2018 Issue PDF

A good friend of mine is a physician and a pilot. (No, there isnt a Bonanza in his hangar; he happily flies a Mooney Ovation.) Ive always found him to be a very safety-conscious pilot. He gets an IPC every six months and does other periodic training. When he wanted to do something different, I suggested he get an airline transport pilot certificate with an airplane single-engine land rating. (ATP-SEL) Why? was his first reaction. I dont need it for the kind of flying I do.
To continue reading this article or issue you must be a paid subscriber. Sign in

Subscribe to IFR

Start a subscription to IFR for just $18. And access all of our online content - over 1,000 articles - free of charge.
Subscribe today and save 27%. It's like getting 2 months FREE!
Already Subscribed?
Click Here to Sign In | Forgot your password? | Activate Web Access


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here